Labels

Tuesday 5 June 2012

TWIST OF STYLE IN KENYAN PHOTGRAPHY


"I take photos because I adore the art. Honestly it’s not about the money.”  Francis Githinji says with confidence.

Francis Githinji : Founder of  ' Senji Photoz '
Polpularly known as Senji, he states there’s more to pictures than just a click. The young Kenyan photographer reassures that his agenda is to give passion to a still image.

Today, the 25 year old has successfully exposed his knack for photography through social media. Consequently, he has further reinvented the image of Professional photography with creativity through his label dubbed as Senji Photoz.

This artistic Kenyan youth was driven by motion images. It developed his interest to make moments a memorable affair.

My Kenyan Eye caught up with the fast upcoming photographer while doing what he does best, giving a Voice to photos or better known as ‘Swag’.

Through the chat, he describes his production and portrays himself to be humble, yet very sophisticated through his picture collection.

Nevertheless, he did not begin overnight into photography. Francis Githinji studied for Production at the Kenya Institute of Mass Communication and explains further his chosen path in an interview:

Q. Explain the concept of Senji photos: Senji photoz  is mostly networked and shared through Facebook .It’s a channel I use to show case my Photographs and get Ideas on photography through ‘Likes’ and ‘criticism comments’. http://www.facebook.com/mario.crittenden#!/pages/Senji-Photoz/235174503228618

Q. What type of photography do you venture into? I want to major in Studio photography but know am kind of improving my general skills.

 Q. Who is behind Senji Photoz?  Me, but I was supported by my friend Keysmo and now am getting professional help from Cake Mbatia through advice on Strategy. Esther Muriithi contributes in marketing.

Q. How did it start? What inspired u?  It is the opportunity to have the equipment; I have a camera to do both Video and Still photos. I am also good at making music videos and Promotions from my background in school.
I once did a music video and guys liked it, by incident I got to do a wedding photo shoot and people also liked my stuff. But I have always liked movies since way back, so film is my thing and photography is a necessary foundation.

Q. Who does senji photoz target?  And what’s the style of senji photoz?  For now, am just doing human Interest and full establishment, but later on I will be working on a sports Project. I like my photoz with a realistic style of film, But not 3D.

Q. What is different about senji photoz from other photographers? I try to be interesting and real. Not just capturing the moment, but making it memorable. I also contribute alot to Thingithu High school, a school I love. I give them Rugby Jerseys and Boots just to show them that they Can!

Q. Who is behind the camera taking shots?  It is mostly I, Senji. I love Moments and Movie stories. Am not the News type of guy.

Q. So is it right to say that u are a one-off Artistic photographer ? Or the regular type of commercial photographers? I don’t know that. What I know is that am doing this till like am 82years. Then I retire.

Q. Is there a living in photography?  What motivates you to the skill?  Of course there is a living. But there is also fun in it. There is a big chunk of money in Fashion/ design photography too.

Q. Who are your clients or previous projects? I work for House of Grace within Nairobi West Studios, where am learning a lot through Pastor Hez. During weekends I go for photo shoots at corporate events e.g Alabastron and Flame Keepers Publishers. On Mondays, I organize Photo shoots for learning.

 Q. Where do you see Senji photoz in the next five years? In the next 5, 20 and 30 years, I will still be taking photoz. I will venture in a fashion house like Senji fashion Photoz.






3 comments: